The 8 new classrooms built in the first phase of this project are intensively used, but looking good. The classrooms are used for the high school program, the IT lab, and the director’s office. The elementary school and kindergarten classes are accommodated in the existing old, dangerous classroom structures.
This year nearly 500 students are enrolled in the school, an increase of about 100 students. The increase in the number of students is directly as a result of the new building.
The full program for the school currently calls for 12 classrooms in total.
At the moment the school has a staff of 36.
The Stiller foundation has generously offered funds to be able to realize the second construction phase for the school. The phase 2 project will consist of 2 new classrooms, a toilet building and landscaped play areas. The second phase construction is planned to be completed by the end of September 2013.
Currently located on the site
- The new building built in the first phase with 8 classrooms
- A building with 4 classrooms (poor construction)
- A building with one classroom, used as kindergarten (poor construction)
- A building with a depot and an administration office (poor construction)
- A covered area between two existing buildings, in use to accommodate two classes (poor construction)
- A small storage building for the ladies cooking for the school children
- 5 old toilets ( pit type)
- 1 plastic water reservoir of 500 gallons, which collects rain water from the roof of the new building
The old buildings that are standing on the site are all of very poor construction. They are dangerous and should be demolished. The site is also lacking a proper secure perimeter wall.
Buildings that could be demolished, without giving to many problems in the school system, to create space for the second phase
- 1 of the kindergarten classes
- The building used as depot and administration office
- The building used by the cooking ladies
Type of classes for the full school program:
- 2 kindergarten classes
- 5 elementary classes
- 5 high school classes
- 1 IT room / directors office
Building Program for the second phase
- 2 classrooms
- 1 toilet building