Design Development is progressing as architects prepare package of design development drawings. Discussions with contractors and Solar Cities currently underway to plan for including a biogas digester as part of the project.
Significant problems have been encountered with sourcing appropriate supporting documentation to verify the deeds to the site. Efforts are currently being made by all parties to overcome this issue in order to apply for a building permit with the authorities, but delays to the start of construction may result from this complicated process.
• Schematic design complete currently started with Design Development (DD).
• Project Designer already agreed the terms of work with engineer consultants.
• Preparation to present the Schematic Design to different stakeholders.
• Community engagement workshops took place in the school.
• Design brief approved, currently design team starting with the development of the schematic design.
• Schematic design expected to be completed early January.
• Pre-design work complete; Project currently starting design development stage
• Meeting with local partner and initial site visit happening on November 27, 2012
• Initial community participatory workshop preparation by design lead, project designer and local partners.
Design agreement with project designer Mequetraffic Arquitetura has been signed, and we are happy to collaborate with the Rio de Janeiro based architectural firm for design development and construction administration.
After completing the preliminary studies, the project starts working at local level in order to target the potential local professionals willing to get involved with the project.
After intense feasibility studies and project proposal development, the first project to be developed between Enel Cuore and Architecture for Humanity in Brazil has been approved by the board of directors. A new facility benefiting 100 children will soon be built in one of the most unprivileged areas of Niteroi near Rio de Janeiro.
Interested in hosting your competition on the Open Architecture Network? Contact Us and tell us about your competition!