Autodesk Freewheel and Worldchanging
Architecture for Humanity had worked with Autodesk Labs to allow you to view 2D and 3D design files in your browser and collaborate more easily. You can open CAD files directly in the workspace of your project by converting any CAD file to DWF and uploading it to your project.
To view your own files in Freewheel on Worldchanging:
- Convert your CAD file to DWF. To do this with a DWG in AutoCAD, enter "Publish" on the Command line and save as a DWF
- Upload the DWF file to your project files.
- Make them viewable in the workspace by checking the box "Add file to workspace"
- Check the box "Make available for adaptations" to share your CAD file with other members of Worldchanging
- In your project workspace you can now view the DWF file and use the innovative Freewheel features
- To view files shared by other Worldchanging members look for available DWF files in the Files tab for the project you are viewing.
- Zoom, Pan, and Orbit tools to navigate design details
Print designs quickly and at any detail level
Email the design as you see it – without screenshots or attachments. A link is put directly into the body of your email. Designs will open at the exact angel and zoom that you sent.
Get more information about Freewheel from Autodesk Labs.